Billing Team Lead
The Billing Team Lead is responsible for providing day to day guidance and distributing workflow to billing team members, with emphasis on providing guidance, training, coaching and audit feedback. In addition, the Team Lead also personally manages queues and fills in for team members as needed.
- Provides daily direction and communication to billing department team members so that billing tasks are completed in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- Handles human resource management issues among teams, including completion of employee reviews, coaching, corrective action, timecard review/correction, time off approvals, etc.
- Maintains appropriate, timely communication with management regarding all staffing issues, workflow and special projects.
- Provides training and resources to existing and new team members on processes and systems so that team members are equipped to do their jobs.
- Prints audit reports which are tools to monitor team member performance. With supervisor, holds monthly one-on-one meetings to discuss productivity and audit results.
- Documents billing processes for all payers, each of which has a Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial plan.
- Establishes queue so work is distributed to assigned biller.
- Intervenes as needed when billing challenges escalate and must be addressed at a higher level.
- Answers questions, assists with problem solving as needed.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and implements solutions.
- Develops and implements efficient processes and procedures.
- Monitors and tracks productivity; keeps department leadership informed of any related issues.
- Ensures Accountability
- Communicates Effectively
- Manages Complexity
- Develops Talent
- Directs Work
- Builds Effective Teams
- Instills trust
- Optimizes work performance
This position provides guidance to other team members but does not have direct supervisory responsibility for the group.
This job is performed in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear and see. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
This is a full-time position, with the expectation of maintaining a regular work schedule. It is understood that the person in this position will routinely work longer hours to meet demands of the role. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
This position does not require travel.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of healthcare billing experience in an environment with a complex, high-volume revenue cycle
- Good understanding of the nuances of DME billing
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Previous leadership experience in a fast-paced environment
All other duties as assigned by management. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are request of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.