|Job Title:||Compliance Officer||Department:||Compliance|
|Reports to:||Executive Vice President, COO||Created on:||05/09/2019|
The Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring that the Company is in compliance with all applicable state and federal licensing requirements, accreditation, certifications and regulations affecting the business.
- Obtains all required business licensing from states in which the Company plans to establish business or open an office.
- Maintains and monitors all licensure and accreditation for all satellite locations.
- Represents the Company and ensures that cooperation is provided when State or Federal agencies conduct audits.
- Works with OSHA and HIPAA committees to ensure Company remains compliant.
- Chairs quarterly Compliance meetings: creates agenda, takes notes and maintains records.
- Ensures that internal instructors are presenting required training including Fraud, Waste & Abuse; OSHA; HIPAA; and Standards of Conduct to new hires and annually thereafter.
- Oversees the process for contracting and compliance with new health plans. Negotiates and reviews initial contract, then supports Billing Manager as needed for recertifications.
- Maintains and updates the Compliance Manual, including review of procedures and protocols to ensure current and updated requirements by government and accrediting agencies are maintained.
- Maintains information to track contract due dates as well as licenses, accreditations and certifications that have expiration dates.
- Serves as a resource to employees who have compliance concerns and ensures that any investigations and follow up is thorough.
- Oversees the Company’s emergency response and disaster recovery initiatives; including but not limited to pandemic initiatives (COVID19).
- Reviews Government Service Administration (GSA) bid system.
- Maintains FDA compliance.
- Ensures Accountability
- Manages Ambiguity
- Decision Quality
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Nimble Learning
- Balances Stakeholders
- Strategic Mindset
Supervises the HIPAA Officer as well as the Health & Safety Consultant.
This job is performed in an office and distribution warehouse setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear and see. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
This is a full-time position, with the expectation of maintaining a regular work schedule. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Occasional travel is required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid rules and health plan systems.
- Previous compliance leadership experience in a medical environment, typically gained in 5+ years.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in healthcare, wholesale distribution, insurance billing, or similar environment.
All other duties as assigned by management. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are request of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.