|Job Title:||Purchasing Supervisor||Department:||Purchasing|
|Reports to:||Purchasing Manager||Created on:||03/26/19|
The Purchasing Supervisor works closely with the Purchasing Manager to perform advanced research on market forces, pricing, and supply problems in order to make purchasing decisions.
- Monitors product inventory levels to ensure product is reordered and on hand when required to meet client demand.
- Analyzes, summarizes, and reviews contract procurements and contract documentation; reports findings, interprets results, and makes recommendations and/or decisions.
- Writes, reviews and/or negotiates contracts and/or agreements.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and/or Department rules, standards and guidelines, etc. and suggests edits where applicable to standard term contract documents.
- Acts as a resource to provide information or determine the most effective way of meeting the needs of management, staff, or customers.
- Monitors frequency of procurements and contracts and recommends possible options to increase effectiveness of purchasing power.
- Analyze and review the documents and/or data to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, rules, regulations and policies and procedures.
- Reviews documents for quality, accuracy, and completeness, reconciles discrepancies and suggests needed adjustments.
- Gathers data, prepares reports and/or summarizes information.
- Provides customer service to internal and external customers.
- Detail Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability
- Nimble Learning
- Manages Complexity
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Instills Trust
This job is performed in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear and see. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
This is a full-time position with the expectation of maintaining a regular work schedule. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
This position does not require travel.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or equivalent experience.
- Advanced understanding of purchasing systems such as Oracle.
- Experience with high volumes of inventory and skus
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of durable medical equipment and medical supplies, typically gained in 5+ years of experience.
All other duties as assigned by management. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are request of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.