Sr. Network Administrator – Wixom
|Job Title:||Senior Network Administrator||Department:||Information Technology|
Forging New Pathways into the future of healthcare.
Since it’s inception in 1996, J&B Medical has become a recognized market leader in healthcare. More than a family owned business, we are a family of businesses that span across all aspects of medical-related care including: insurance covered products, sole source program management and national managed care contracts, medical-surgical products, emergency-medical products, retail home-care products, veterinary products, and technology solutions.
J&B Medical is a nationally certified Women’s Business Enterprise composed of knowledgeable industry professionals. Our passionate teams, including HNC Virtual Solutions, Dynamic Synergy and J&B Pharmacy are motivated to provide exceptional service at every interaction. Our goal is simple: enhance the quality of life, improve clinical outcomes, and reduce healthcare costs. We settle for nothing less than the most innovative industry practices and the highest levels of integrity.
The Network Administrator is responsible for the day to day operation of the organization’s computer networks. This position organizes, supervises, and oversees the installation and support of the organization’s computer systems, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), network segments, intranets, and other data communication systems.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the Help Desk (HD) and Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Maintain an adequate level of knowledge of operating systems and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users.
- Monitor and evaluate efficiency of software/hardware usage, providing topics and concepts to be covered in training of users to ensure efficiency.
- Manage escalation procedures and ensure service levels are maintained.
- Monitor issues to ensure resolution in a timely manner; coordinate additional resources as needed.
- Coordinate referrals to appropriate technical, professional, or service personnel for follow-up on issues.
- Maintain policies and goals for the IT department to support the company; research and suggest changes to policies and goals as needed.
- Tech Savvy
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Business Insight
- Strategic Mindset
This position supervises the Help Desk Technician(s) and Jr. Network Administrator.
This job is performed in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear and see. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
This is a full-time position; 40 hour minimum, with the expectation to maintain a regular work schedule. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Moderate travel is to be expected.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Operations Management, Business Management or equivalent years of experience.
- 7-10 years previous operations management experience.
- Experience in a call center environment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in statistics, operations management, or business management or equivalent years of experience.
- Working knowledge of the medical industry.
- ITIL Certification
Additional Eligibility Qualifications/Technical Skills:
Windows Server/Client, HDMS, SharePoint, IPsec (site to site) VPN, SSLVPN, Routing, SonicWall, Fortinet, VMware vSphere/vCenter, Kaseya VSA/Vorex/Traverse/IT Glue, BitDefender, StorageCraft, ShadowControl/ShadowProtect, Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL Server, Office365 Admin, ShoreTel, Fax Server Technologies, ImageSoft, Azure.
All other duties as assigned by management. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are request of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.