||Systems Administrator II
Forging New Pathways into the future of healthcare.
Since it’s inception in 1996, J&B Medical has become a recognized market leader in healthcare. More than a family owned business, we are a family of businesses that span across all aspects of medical-related care including: insurance covered products, sole source program management and national managed care contracts, medical-surgical products, emergency-medical products, retail home-care products, veterinary products, and technology solutions.
J&B Medical is a nationally certified Women’s Business Enterprise composed of knowledgeable industry professionals. Our passionate teams, including HNC Virtual Solutions, Dynamic Synergy and J&B Pharmacy are motivated to provide exceptional service at every interaction. Our goal is simple: enhance the quality of life, improve clinical outcomes, and reduce healthcare costs. We settle for nothing less than the most innovative industry practices and the highest levels of integrity.
The System Administrator is responsible to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. This position needs to ensure that the technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the Help Desk (HD) and System Operations.
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Manage network servers and technology tools.
- Set up accounts and workstations.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
- Manage database(s) to ensure correct configuration for the servers.
- Tech Savvy
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Business Insight
- Strategic Mindset
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job is performed in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear and see. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
This is a full-time position; 40 hour minimum, with the expectation to maintain a regular work schedule. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Moderate travel is to be expected.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Operations Management, Business Management or equivalent years of experience.
- 5 to 7 years previous operations management experience.
- Experience in a call center environment.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator.
- Experience with networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- DBA experience is mandatory.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer science or related field.
Working knowledge of the medical industry.
- Professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications/Technical Skills:
Windows Server/Client, HDMS, SharePoint, IPsec (site to site) VPN, SSLVPN, Routing, SonicWall, Fortinet, VMware vSphere/vCenter, Kaseya VSA/Vorex/Traverse/IT Glue, BitDefender, StorageCraft, ShadowControl/ShadowProtect, Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL Server, Office365 Admin, ShoreTel, Fax Server Technologies, ImageSoft, Azure.
All other duties as assigned by management. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are request of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.