Warehouse Supervisor – Wixom, MI
|Job Title:||Warehouse Supervisor||Department:||Warehouse|
|Reports to:||Warehouse Manager||Created on:||6/30/2020|
Summary: This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of warehouse operations, including the daily shipment of orders and all processes that make this possible: receiving, inventory management, order processing, shipping and returns. Leads team of 50+ employees.
- Organizes workflow and assigns tasks to team members so that day’s orders can be shipped.
- Manages inventory, including receipt, storage, retrieval and timely delivery of goods. Loads and transfers shipments and maintains records in the system.
- Identifies opportunities for efficiencies and process development, reporting/KPIs and other operational enhancements.
- Plans warehouse resources and activities so daily and long-term objectives are met.
- Reconciles each day’s business so invoices can be generated.
- Trains and develops team members.
- Ensures that workplace health and safety requirements are met.
- Ensures warehouse is appropriately secured.
- Oversees housekeeping of the warehouse and surrounding area.
- Issues inventory reports, In/Out Status reports, deadstock reports, good age reports, consumption reports, manpower status reports.
- Identifies and implements efficiencies and cost control practices.
- Briefs team leaders daily.
- Oversees the planned maintenance of vehicles, machines, and equipment.
- Performs any other tasks requested by leadership.
- May drive company vehicle to make customer deliveries, obeying traffic laws and safety procedures.
- Communicates effectively
- Customer Focus
- Nimble Learning
- Being Resilient
- Instills Trust
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position supervises 50+ Warehouse employees.
This job operates primarily in the warehouse and regularly requires the driving of a lift truck. The environment may be uncomfortably hot or cold at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is an active role. Individuals must have the physical ability to spend long periods walking, lifting and carrying without limitation. This position may be called upon to regularly lift up to 50 pounds for orders or products.
Position Type: This is a full-time, exempt position.
Travel: Local travel only.
Required Education and Experience:
3+ years of previous experience in a distribution center.
OSHA, safety & regulatory requirements, policies and procedures.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience:
1+ years of previous experience in distribution center leadership.
Knowledge of durable medical equipment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Must have a valid Michigan driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
All other duties as assigned by management. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are the request of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.